Wednesday 14 July 2010

I guess this is why chief says no hugging

Helloyou

I thought i'd already done a blog with pictures from recording but I haven't. Effort.

Sorry for the lack of updates, we started recording the album the same weekend I moved back up to London, which was also the same weekend Super Mario Galaxy 2 came out (which i've only in the last day been able to start playing, grumble) so i've been hella busy, and have no internet in my new pad (yes it's a pad there's cushions and sex) because BT are quite incapable of moving our contract over, so fuck em, right in the cunts.

So recording then, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Guitar Tone.

We bashed out most of the tracks in the first day, then the rest on our second and final day at British Grove Studios. Recorded all the music live, was much more fun than taking turns recording our bits to a click.


There are many more photos, but I don't have them right now.



So with the music all down, it just remains for me to finish off the vocals. I'm working with Justin again and have had a couple of sessions to explore what is going to work best for this album, and final tracking will occur next week at some point, then it's just mixing/mastering and the album is complete!
There will be more photos/videos of the recording process up soon, but i'm at work so ugh just wait.

L



No comments:

Post a Comment